Five killed, six injured as jeep falls off highway in Nepal
Five people were killed in a road accident in Western Nepal's Dailekh district
At least five people were killed and six others injured as a jeep carrying them fell off the highway in hilly western Nepal on Wednesday, police sources said.
The road mishap took place in Nepal's Dailekh district when the jeep they were travelling in skidded off the highway and plunged 200 metres down the road.
Read | Game Of Thrones star Sophie Turner looks like a dream in Indian wear!
The injured have been taken to hospital and are undergoing treatment, police said, adding that investigations are underway, according to a PTI report.
Dailekh region in Nepal is a hilly terrain and situated in Karnali province. Steeped in ancient history, it is a popular holiday spot in Nepal, with several hotels and lodges and interesting places to visit.
Read | Rajinikanth and Akshay Kumar starrer 2.0 facts will blow your mind!
Five fascinating facts about Dailekh
- Dailekh is a popular travel destination with ancient history as a part of the Khasa kingdom during the 12th-14th century.
- According to history, Dailekh was one of the 22 principalities of the Khasa kingdom before the unification of modern Nepal
- Legend has it that sage Dadhichi came to the place for meditation, from which the name of the district originated.
- In early days it was called Dadhi Lekh which means the hill where sage Dadhichi meditated.
- Lekh means hills and Dadhi is a short form for Dadhichi. With the years, it came to be called Dailekh.
First Published: Wednesday, November 28, 2018 04:12 PM