At UNGA, Imran Khan Warns Of Nuclear War, Pulwama-Like Attack When Kashmir Curfew Is Lifted
Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan at UNGA on Friday.
Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan raked up the Kashmir issue once again while addressing the 74th session of the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) in New York on Friday evening. Earlier, Prime Minister Narendra Modi exhorted the international community to stand united against terrorism, which he described as one of the biggest challenges not for any single country, but for the entire world.
Modi lamented on the lack of unanimity amongst the member states on the issue of terrorism, saying it dents those very principles, that are the basis for the creation of the United Nations.
Imran Khan addresses 74th session of UNGA | Highlights:
- 09.00 pm: If the conventional war starts with a country which is four times Pakistan, what will we do? This is what I ask myself a lot of times. But I say this, we will fight but think what happens when two nuclear countries fight, says Imran Khan.
- 08.50 pm: "There are millions of Muslims in India. PM Modi, do you know what they must be thinking. If there's a bloodbath, Muslims will become radicals. You are forcing Muslims into radicalisation. They will pick up arms," says Imran Khan.
- 08.44 pm: Imran Khan said that there will be a bloodbath when the curfew in Kashmir is lifted. "Has PM Modi thought what would happen when the curfew in Kashmir is lifted? Do you think people in Kashmir would accept that you have withdrawn the special status? Thousands of children in Kashmir have been put under detention. They, too, will come out on the streets after the curfew in the state is lifted and the Army will shoot them. Today also we hear about pellet guns being used by the Indian Army. But whatever happens in Kashmir after the curfew is lifted, there will be another terror attack like Pulwama and Pakistan will be blamed," Imran Khan said.
- 08.42 pm: India illegally revoked Article 370 that gave a special status to Jammu and Kashmir, says Imran Khan.
- 08.40 pm: "The RSS believes in the ethnic cleansing of Muslims. The RSS goons butchered hundreds of Muslims. This is arrogance. This makes people do cruel things. Something PM Modi has done. Arrogance has blinded PM Modi," Imran Khan said.
- 8.22 pm: Imran Khan said Islamophobia since 9/11 has grown at a pace which is alarming. "The human community lives together, there should be an understanding. But Islamophobia is dividing the world. Muslim women have been asked to take off their Hijab in other countries. A woman can take off her clothes in other countries but cannot put on Hijab. Why? Because certain leaders have equated Islam with terrorism. There is no radical Islam. There is only one Islam. What msg do they send to the world?" Imran Khan said.
- 08.20 pm: There is nothing called radical Islamism. We in Asia have failed to explain the West what is Islamism all about, says Imran Khan.
- 08.15 pm: In what can be termed the biggest highlight of his UN visit, PM Imran Khan addressed the 74th session of the UNGA and urged the world to tackle climate change, money laundering and Islamophobia besides highlighting Indian atrocities in Occupied Kashmir.
- 08.10 pm: Pakistan PM Imran Khan said some countries are not serious about climate change. "When my party came to power, we planted a billion trees but one country cannot do everything," he said.
First Published: Friday, September 27, 2019 08:09 PM