>>    >>    >>   No plan to discontinue people-to-people contact says FS Jaishankar on Indo-Pak ties

No plan to discontinue people-to-people contact says FS Jaishankar on Indo-Pak ties

With various film bodies imposing a ban on Pakistan actors after the Uri attack, government Wednesday said people-to-people contact would continue and there was no plan to stop it.


By   |  Updated On : October 19, 2016 10:23 AM
Foreign Secretary S Jaishankar (Getty Images)

Foreign Secretary S Jaishankar (Getty Images)

New Delhi :  

With various film bodies imposing a ban on Pakistan actors after the Uri attack, government Wednesday said people-to-people contact would continue and there was no plan to stop it.

This was conveyed by Foreign Secretary S Jaishankar to the Parliamentary Standing Committee on External Affairs during discussions on Indo-Pak relations with a specific reference to surgical strikes across the LoC on September 29. “People-to-people contact would continue and there was no plan to stop it,” he told the panel.

ALSO READ: (Only military will know if the cross-LoC surgical strikes took place in the past: FS Jaishankar)

In the aftermath of the Uri terror attack last month in which 19 Indian jawans were killed, the MNS issued an ultimatum to Pakistani artistes to leave India. They also threatened to stop the screening of films featuring artistes from Pakistan.

Subsequently, Indian Motion Pictures Producers Association passed a motion to ban the artistes from the neighbouring country. The Cinema Owners Exhibitors Association of India recently decided not to screen the films with Pakistani actors in four states—Maharashtra, Gujarat, Karnataka and Goa.

First Published: Wednesday, October 19, 2016 10:04 AM

POPULAR TAGS: Uri, Indo-pak, Loc,


For latest india news on mobile, download News Nation Android app, Windows app and Iphone app. Also like News Nation's official Facebook page and follow us on Twitter and Google Plus to stay tuned to latest news.


MORE FROM NEWS NATION