Reliance Industries Chairman Mukesh Ambani on Friday launched the much-awaited Jio feature phone at an effective price of Rs Zero. Customers have to pay Rs 1,500 security deposit, which they can get back after three years by returning the phone (if they wish to). The phone will be equipped with several pre-loaded Jio apps. Ambani made several announcements during the launch of the phone.
Here are the top 10 proclamations which Mukesh Ambani made during the Reliance Industries 40th Annual General Meeting (AGM):
1. Reliance Jio launches the 4G-enabled Jio feature phone enabled at an effective price of Rs Zero.
2.The Jio phone will be available for user testing in beta from 15th August and for pre-booking from 24th August.
3. Reliance Jio added 7 customers per second in the first 100 days of the launch.
4. As on 2017, Jio has 125 million customers, courtesy all Indians contributing to the immense growth of the company.
5. In just 6 months of Jio's launch, data consumption in India has gone up from 20 crore GB to 120 crore GB per month.
6. Before Jio's launch, India was 155th in mobile broadband penetration, now it is No. 1 in mobile data consumption.
7. Jio has broken one world record after another.
8. Jio enabled users to make unlimited voice calls from anywhere to everywhere in India – absolutely free.
9. In the next 12 months, Jio services will cover 99 per cent of our country's population.
10. Jio phone will make the 2G feature phone obsolete. With this, Jio will surely set a new world record.