A 13-year-old boy, who had experienced an electric shock at the time of clicking a selfie atop a bogie of a stationary train on March 24, has surrendered to his injuries four days after the incident took place, police said on Thursday.
Another 10-year-old boy who too had suffered injuries in the incident is undergoing treatment at a hospital here.
The mishap occurred on March 24 at Moula Ali railway station in Hyderabad after two boys went atop the coach of a passenger train and one of them started clicking selfies.
“Three boys had went to the railway station and two of them went atop the stationary coach. When Sai Kumar (13) was taking selfies, he and the 10-year-old boy came in contact with a high tension wire, resulting into burn injuries to both of them,” Nacharam police station Inspector N Pravindar Rao said.Also Read: Narnaul is the hottest place of Chandigarh, now at 41.5 degrees Celsius
The duo was admitted to a hospital, where Kumar succumbed to his injuries while undergoing treatment on March 28.
Police have registered a case under section 174 of CrPC in connection with the incident.
The Inspector said the case will be transferred to the Railway Police as the incident occurred under their jurisdiction.