“Shenshah” of Bollywood on Saturday took to Twitter to thank fans and followers for wishes on his 44 wedding anniversary. Big B shared this loving picture and wrote, "T 2443 - June 3, 1973 .. 44 years of marriage .. thank you all for the wishes you send .. grateful and filled with love .. !!
It was 44 years ago when Amitabh's angry young man image took the nation by storm in ‘Zanjeer’. The two actors have starred in several films together like 'Chupke Chupke', 'Abhimaan', 'Silsila' and 'Sholay', among others.
They are proud parents to Shweta and Abhishek, who married Aishwarya Rai in 2007, and grandparents to the adorable Aaradhya Bachchan.
— Amitabh Bachchan (@SrBachchan) June 2, 2017
Some interesting Facts:
- Amitabh and Jaya first met at FTII Pune in early 1970s.
- It was on the sets of movie 'Ek Nazar' where Amitabh fell in love with Jaya and decided to carry forward his relationship life long.
- The couple being deeply in love with each other got married on June 3, 1973 and left for their dream trip of London the same day.
- Jaya had already made her niche in the Bollywood, while Amitabh was a struggling actor when they met each other for the firt time.
- Amitabh's rumoured love affair with actress Rekha proved to be a major hurdle but Jaya's love won the relationship battle and Amitabh and Rekha parted ways.
#throwbackthursday taken in the mid 80's ( 1985 if memory serves). I call it Big B and the Bachchan bunch. Dad was hospitalised with Mysthenia Gravis and my sister, cousins and I had gone to visit him. Being too young to understand what all was going on our parents always made it out to be like an outing so that we would not be disturbed by the hospital and its workings. When I used to visit my father after his accident on the sets of "Coolie" in 1982, seeing him connected to many drips and machines, he used to tell me they were kites that he had got for me. I was 6 yrs old. My father was fighting for his life and all I thought about was... why isn't he allowing me to play with these kites??? The innocence of childhood I guess.