A total lunar eclipse occured with a blue moon, known as a Super Blue Blood Moon on January 31. This was the first Lunar Eclipse of 2018. As it was total eclipse of magnitude 1.32, the Moon was completely covered by the Earth's Umbral shadow at maximum eclipse.
The portion of the moon inside the Umbral shadow will only be illuminated by sunlight refracted through the Earth's atmosphere and having a reddish hue. The longest duration of totality would be 1 Hour, 16 Mins and 4 Secs.
Do’s and don’ts during Chandra Grahan 2018
What to DO during Chandra Grahan 2018:
1: Place some Doorva grass in all eatables in the kitchen to maintain their purit. As per the Hindu script Doorva has the blessings of the three Hindu gods Brahma, Vishnu, Mahesh.
2. One can also recite:HARE RAM HARE RAM, RAM RAM HARE HARE HARE KRISHNA HARE KRISHNA, KRISHNA KRISHNA HARE HARE
3. Pregnant ladies should recite: OM DEVKI SUDHA GOVINDA VASUDEV JAGATPATE DEHIME TANEY KRISHNAN TWAMAHAM SHRNAM GATAH as many times as she can.
4. Only fresh cooked food should be eaten after Grahan.
5. Bath should be taken with clothes worn on the body.
What not to do during Chandra Grahan 2018:
1. Put some Doorva grass in all eatables to maintain their purity. Doorva Grass has the power of fighting the ill effect of the radiations which come to earth during the grahan. As per the Hindu script Doorva has the blessings of the three Hindu gods Brahma, Vishnu, Mahesh.
2. If you have Kaal-sarp dosh in your horoscope recite Mahamrityuanjaya mantra during the eclipse for maximum times you can.
3. One can also recite.
HARE RAM HARE RAM, RAM RAM HARE HARE
HARE KRISHNA HARE KRISHNA, KRISHNA KRISHNA HARE HARE
4. Pregnant ladies should recite the following mantra:
OM DEVKI SUDHA GOVINDA VASUDEV JAGATPATE DEHIME TANEY KRISHNAN TWAMAHAM SHRNAM GATAH as many times as she can.
5. Freshly cooked food should be taken after the grahan.
6. Take bath before and after the grahan period.
7. The female running in the menstrual period must take bath after the grahan.
8. Must donate something in the name of Pitra
9. Donate cow (go-daan), piece of land (bhu-daan) or some grains (dhanya-daan) as per your capacity. (Rice, water, clothes to the needy ones,)
10. Bath should be taken with clothes worn on the body.
1. Do not urinate or latrine during the grahan period.
2. Do not sleep during the eclipse.
3. Do not eat anything during the eclipse.
5. Avoid oil bath should be taken during the eclipse.
6. Avoid driving a vehicle during the eclipse.
7. Female should not tighten hair clip or Sari clip.
8. Pregnant lady should not cut vegetables or use knife.
Get rid of the evil effects of the wrong planetary combinations in the horoscope by following these small and simple home remedies.