Digvijaya Singh says BJP govt trying to protect bomb blast case accused

21 August 2017, 02:42 PM
Digvijaya Singh says BJP govt trying to protect bomb blast case accused
Digvijaya Singh says BJP govt trying to protect bomb blast case accused

Senior Congress leader Digvijaya Singh on Monday said that BJP government is trying to protect all accused connected to RSS in bomb blast cases.

While reacting on Twitter over bail granted to Lt Colonel Srikant Purohit in 2008 Malegaon bomb blast case, he tweeted, “Col Purohit gets Bail. It was expected as the present BJP Govt is protecting all the accused connected with RSS in all Bomb Blast cases.”(sic)

Earlier in the day, Supreme Court granted bail to Lt. Col. Shrikant Prasad Purohit in the 2008 Malegaon serial blast case.

A bench of Justices R K Agrawal and A M Sapre said they are setting aside the Bombay High Court order by which the bail was denied.

The apex court said it has imposed certain conditions on Purohit while granting bail.

On August 17, Purohit had told the apex court that he has been caught in the “political crossfire” and languishing in jail for nine years.

Purohit had moved the apex court challenging the Bombay High Court’s order dismissing his bail plea.

Seven people were killed in a bomb blast on September 29, 2008, at Malegaon, a communally-sensitive textile town in Nasik district of north Maharashtra.

First Published: Monday, August 21, 2017 02:24 PM

Related Tags:

For all the latest India News Download the News Nation App available on Android and iOS.