>>     >>   Fire at SAL Hospital in Ahmedabad, over 100 evacuated

Fire at SAL Hospital in Ahmedabad, over 100 evacuated

Over 100 people including patients and their relatives were evacuated after fire broke out at the store room of the multi-storey SAL Hospital in Ahmedabad on Thursday, officials said.


By   |  Updated On : May 18, 2017 11:21 PM
Representational Image

Representational Image

New Delhi :  

Over 100 people including patients and their relatives were evacuated after fire broke out at the store room of the multi-storey SAL Hospital in Ahmedabad on Thursday, officials said. No one was injured in the incident, they further added.

Chief Fire Officer Rajesh Bhatt said that the fire was reported on Thursday evening at SAL Hospital located in Bodakdev area of the city. 27 fire tenders were rushed to the spot by the Ahmedabad Fire and Emergency Services (AFES).

"The blaze broke out in the store room of the hospital on the third floor and the smoke started spreading inside the building. Preliminary investigation has revealed that short circuit triggered the fire," Bhatt further said.

"We evacuated around 100 people, including the patients, their relatives and staff members of the hospital. The fire was brought under control well before it spread further. The entire operation lasted for about two and half hours," he added.

With inputs from PTI.

ALSO READ: Gas leak in Delhi's Tughlaqabad: 450 girl students hospitalised, all out of danger

First Published: Thursday, May 18, 2017 11:09 PM

POPULAR TAGS: Hospital, Fire,


For latest india news on mobile, download News Nation Android app, Windows app and Iphone app. Also like News Nation's official Facebook page and follow us on Twitter and Google Plus to stay tuned to latest news.

NEXT STORY