Former Home Secretary Rajiv Mehrishi on Thursday appointed as Comptroller and Auditor General of India (CAG). Ranjan Kumar Ghose was appointed Deputy Comptroller and Auditor General.
Rajiv Mehrishi is a retired Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer of 1978 batch belonging to Rajasthan cadre. He was appointed the Home Secretary of India on 31 August 2015.
Prior to his appointment as the Home Secretary, he was the Finance Secretary. Before his stint as the Finance Secretary, he was the Chief Secretary, Government of Rajasthan.
1. Former IAS Officer Sunil Arora appointed Election Commissioner
2. Former Home Secretary Rajiv Mehrishi appointed Comptroller and Auditor General of India (CAG)
3. Ranjan Kumar Ghose appointed Deputy Comptroller and Auditor General(CAG)
4. Senior IAS officer Rajiv Kumar appointed Secretary, Department of Financial Services (DFS)
5. Anita Karwal has been appointed Chairman of Central Board of Secondary Education