The World Court in its verdict also asked Pakistan to provide India consular access to Jadhav saying the acts alleged by India fall in Vienna convention which guarantees the state to be given access to its citizen.
The Court also asked Pakistan to inform ICJ of all the measures that were taken in the case and ensure Jadhav’s safety.
Here is what Judge Ronny Abraham said:
1. Appropriate to say that Pak shall take all measures at its disposal to ensure Kulbhushan Jadhav is not executed pending the final decision.
2. Pak must inform ICJ of all the measures taken in this case.
3. 150 day period for clemency given by Pakistan which ends in August suggests execution can happen immediately thereafter.
4. Acts alleged by India fall in the Vienna convention which guarantees the state to be given access to its citizen.
5. Rights invoked by India under the Vienna Convention are plausible
6. The court considers it has prima facie jurisdiction in the case.
7. The circumstances of Kulbhushan Jadhav's arrest remains disputed.
8. Both India and Pakistan agree that Kulbhushan Jadhav is an Indian citizen.
9. India should have been given consular access as per Vienna convention.
10. The decision to stay Kulbhushan Jadhav's execution pending ICJ hearing is unanimous: ICJ President