The spokesperson of Ministry of Home Affairs, Ashok Prasad, on Thursday refuted the reports that Centre has filed affidavit on Rohingya Muslims in Supreme Court. He said that it is in the process of being finalised.
"MHA has not filed any affidavit on Rohingyas in SC. It is in process of being finalised," said Ashok Prasad, Spokesperson, MHA.
Earlier in the day, there were reports saying that Central government informed the Supreme Court that it cannot allow Rohingya Muslims to stay in India as refugees since they pose a threat to the national security.
As per reports, the affidavit mentioned that the refugees could be used by foreign and domestic foreign terror groups to create chaos in the country. The Centre had claimed that Rohingya militant groups are active in Jammu, Delhi, Hyderabad and Mewat.
Earlier this week, the United Nations' high commissioner for human rights Zeid Ra'ad al-Hussein had criticised India for wanting to deport Rohingya refugees.
Earlier, Home Minister Rajnath Singh had also termed Rohingya Muslims a threat to national security.
"I have already cleared our stand with regard to illegal immigrants. We cannot rule out the possibility of security threat," Singh had said.