Check out top ten news from India and rest of the world at 12 pm in one scroll:
1. Reliance Industries AGM: Major announcements on 4G VoLTE feature phone, new Jio plans
The company is likely to announce the launch of the much awaited Jio 4G VoLTE feature phone at the Reliance AGM, a mobile that can help the company expand its market penetration. While the features and price of the Jio feature phone have already leaked, it will likely not be the only significant announcement come Friday.
2. Shankarsinh Vaghela to speak in detail about issues that he is facing in Congress today
Congress veteran Shankarsinh Vaghela, said to be unhappy with the Congress party, said that he will speak in detail about all the issues that he is facing at 2 PM on Friday. Vaghela has expressed his unhappiness about the proceedings in the party.
3. US says it is closely following Sikkim stand-off, urges India, China to engage in dialogue
Trump Administration on Friday said that the United States is closely and carefully following the border standoff between India and China. It urged the two countries to engage in dialogue to “reduce tension”.
4. ICC Women's World Cup: Men in Blue praise Harmanpreet Kaur’s whirlwind knock
Indian women team stunned the defending champions Australia by 36 runs in the semi-final match of the ICC Women's World Cup on Thursday. Brilliant batting performance by Harmanpreet Kaur helped India reach the finals. She made unbeaten 175 runs off just 115 balls.
5. Marshall McLuhan's 106th birthday: Google dedicates doodle to Herbert who predicted World Wide Web
To mark Marshall McLuhan 106th birthday of Canadian professor and philosopher who specialised in media theory and is best known for coining the term "global village".
6. NDA's Ram Nath Kovind is India's 14th President; second Dalit to occupy the country's highest Constitutional post
Ram Nath Kovind, a low-key lawyer-turned-politician, was elected on Thursday as India’s 14th President, the first BJP member and the second Dalit to occupy the country’s highest office.
The 71-year-old Kovind defeated joint opposition candidate Meira Kumar, a former Lok Sabha speaker, after garnering 65.65 percent of the votes in the electoral college.
7. ICC Women's World Cup: India cruise to finals of tournament, stun defending champions Australia by 36 runs
Indian batting superstar Harmanpreet Kaur hit a whirlwind century as India cruised to the final of the ICC Women’s Cricket World Cup by defeating Australia in the semi-finals by 36 runs.
8.Linkin Park singer suicide: 5 best songs of Chester Bennington, which will keep him alive in our hearts
Popular band Linkin Park frontman Chester Bennington's sudden death has created a buzz in the tinselvile. The singer, who was found dead in his Los Angeles residence, had reportedly committed suicide.
9.'Mubarakan': Akshay Kumar lauds trailer of Arjun-Anil's 'family entertainer', calls it a HIT
Akshay Kumar has praised the new trailer of Arjun Kapoor and Anil Kapoor's upcoming movie 'Mubarakan' and has called the family entertainer a complete hit. The movie, which is helmed by Anees Bazmee, is said to be a romantic comedy drama starring Arjun Kapoor in double role. While this the first time the 'Ishaqzaade' actor will be sharing the screen space with his uncle Anil, their crazy chemistry in the trailers are becoming the talk of the town.
10. Google street view's latest destination ISS; User can see 360-degree inside International Space Statio
The search engine Google on Thursday announced that its popular map tool 'Google Maps' will now help people see inside the Indian Space Station (ISS) using street view.