The festive season of Navratri has begun today and with the arrival of this auspicious occasion arrives, its time to give up on those favourite dishes of yours and fast for the upcoming nine days.
However, Navratri fasting is not just about starving. Instead, there are several indigenous cuisines which you can budge in during the holy days - from kuttu ke aate ke pakode to sabudana kheer, makhana kheer and not to miss those special vrat wale aaloo
So as India celebrates the first Navratri of 2017, we bring you mouth-watering recipe of coconut laddoo in quite easy steps to give a sweet start to this auspicious occasion.
Freshly grated coconut, cardamom powder, condensed milk, ghee, desiccated coconut/ nariyal ka burada
1. In a pan, take one tablespoon of ghee along with one and a half cup of grated coconut and stir and saute at a low flame for 3-4 minutes.
2. Add 3/4 cup of condensed milk and 1/2 teaspoon of cardamom powder to the mixture and mix it well.
3. Stir the mixture continuously as you cook it on a low flame till it gets thick. Turn off the flame after 7-8 minutes.
4. Now pour the mixture in a big bowl and allow it cool. After that make small balls (laddoo) out of the mixtures. It is advisable to apply some ghee on your palms before making laddoo.
5. Roll the balls in desiccated coconut.
Note: If the mixture is loose and you are finding it difficult to make laddoos, heat the mixture again for a few minutes.