News Nation Logo
Board result banner

Kapil Mishra Gets 'Y+' Security Cover Amid Death Threats After Delhi Riots

Kapil Mishra Has Been In Limelight Since His Call For Pro-CAA March In North-East Delhi Just A Day Before The Riots Erupted In The Region.

News Nation Bureau | Edited By : Surabhi Pandey | Updated on: 03 Mar 2020, 11:27:14 AM
Kapil Mishra File Photo

Many people have accused Kapil Mishra of instigating the violence in North-East Delhi. (Photo Credit: File Photo)

New Delhi:

Delhi BJP leader Kapil Mishra will be provided with ‘Y+’ grade security cover, officials said on Tuesday. Mishra got the security cover amid death threats following the Delhi riots. Mishra has been regularly posting the screenshots of his call records and mails that show unidentified individuals threating him of dire consequences. Mishra has been in limelight since his call for pro-CAA march in North-East Delhi just a day before the riots erupted in the region. Many people have accused Mishra of instigating the violence. The Delhi BJP leader who lost the state elections last month from Model Town constituency has defended himself saying that he never wanted any kind of violence but was against people blocking roads in name of protests.

In India, the Intelligence Bureau under the Union Home Ministry decides about the security cover given to the politicians and other public figures. The decision is generally taken on the basis of level or perception of threat. Under the Y Category, the leader is entitled of 11 security personnel guard. The security cover also includes two PSOs. However, Home Ministry sources told News Nation that “Kapil Mishra has been under security from the Delhi Police since 2017. It was reviewed in 2019 and continued. Nothing new. This info is only for clarity nothing to quote MHA (Ministry of Home Affairs). MHA is not a party to this kind of security,” sources said.

Mishra was banned by the Election Commission of India over his communal tweets in the run up to the Delhi Assembly Elections. r Mishra's 'India vs Pak contest on February 8’ post was also deleted by Twitter India. In his reply to the poll panel, Mishra had claimed that anti-India slogans were raised at Shaheen Bagh protests to ‘disturb the communal harmony.’ Mishra went on to say that even religious symbols were being ‘disrespected’ during the protests at Shaheen Bagh. The BJP leader said that he was merely responding to Delhi Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia’a pro-Shaheen Bagh statement. He claimed that Sisodia’s statement is a ‘blatant attempt to derive political mileage from a prevailing law and order situation on religious lines.’ Linking Pakistan with the Shaheen Bagh protests, Mishra claimed that there was a possibility that ‘rogue elements from across the border’ were present in the protests to ‘destabilise our nation.’

“On 8th February there will be a contest between India and Pakistan on the streets of Delhi,” the BJP's candidate from Model Town had said in the tweet. In a series of provocative tweets, he also said Pakistani rioters have taken over the streets of Delhi. "No party or candidate shall include in any activity which may aggravate existing differences or create mutual hatred or cause tension between different castes and communities, religious or linguistic," the notice read.

(With agency inputs)

For all the Latest Cities News, Delhi & NCR News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.

First Published : 03 Mar 2020, 10:08:42 AM

Related Tags:

Kapil Mishra Delhi Riots